[vc_row 0=””][vc_column 0=””][vc_custom_heading text=”TERMS AND CONDITIONS” font_container=”tag:h1|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
Personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles, as listed below
- Meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998
- Ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
- Processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfill legal requirements
- Taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate
- Establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
- Ensuring that data subjects’ rights can be appropriately exercised
- Providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- Ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
- Ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
- Providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data
- Ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
- Ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
- Regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
Data protection principles
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Express Consent & Ongoing Contact
I/We give you permission to provide advice and make recommendations in relation to our mortgage and protection needs during our initial and future meetings.
I/We, the undersigned, recognise the importance of regularly reviewing our mortgage and protection needs and understand that Finance Planning Mortgage & Protection Solutions will make contact with us on a regular basis over the next 5 years to offer this service.
Personal information provided may be maintained on computer records and will not be disclosed to other parties except other businesses within the same group, our auditors, and any organisation requiring access to such information for regulatory purposes only, or any person having a legal entitlement to access. Where business services are provided to the firm by third parties, circumstances may arise which warrant the disclosure of more than just your basic contact details. On these occasions, such as processing business, and obtaining compliance and regulatory advice you agree that personal information held by the firm may be disclosed on a confidential basis, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, to such third parties. You agree that this information may be transferred electronically, e.g. e-mail. You also agree that any such third party or we may contact you in future by any means of communication that we consider appropriate at the time. All personal documents, etc, may be returned by post to your last known address and shall be sent at your own risk.
As we treat all our clients’ records as confidential we reserve the right not to give you the information, if doing so would allow access to files containing records about other clients. We keep records of all our business transactions for at least six years.
By completing any application I/we, agree that where our Adviser does not physically meet with us as part of this transaction then you reserve the right to verify our details using a credit agency such as Experian or Equifax.